lauantai 8. maaliskuuta 2014

A start to blogger's life

Hello all,
I am a german quilter with two kids and two cats. After the days business is done I like to retreat behind my sewing maschine and relax to the humming sound of the needle and the maschine.

My quilting life started with the birth of my first niece, when I decided I wanted to "make" something for the new life. A baby blanket it should be then. Though I started with scissors and cardboard templates, I was hooked. Already my second quilt was a full sized quilt that took my on and off almost two years to finish (still with scissors...). The next practice pieces were the baby blankets for my own children. There was a long sewing break in between, because my sewing maschine broke and I just could not quite justify to buy a new one. My mom chipped in and borrowed me her old Privileg maschine, simple but sturdy.

Soon it became evident that the old maschine doesn't fit my ambitions anymore and after a few more quilts and a large electricity payment return, we decided now be it and I went sewing maschine shopping. I am proud owner of a Janome Horizon 8900 now and am practicing my freemotion quilting on it (a feature my old maschine didn't have!).

Nowaddays I am almost daily doing something quilty: sewing, planning or looking for new patterns.

My second baby quilt


I am looking forward to comments and critique about my work and hope for active conversation.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti