maanantai 17. maaliskuuta 2014

Berlin Quilt Inspiration








We just came back from a minibreak visiting Berlin. While we didn’t have time to visit any quilt shops or to go on any fabric treasure hunt, there was plenty of quilt inspiration anyway. While walking through the streets I spotted several second hand shops, I am sure there would be lots of vintage fabric to discover here. Not open though on a Sunday and no time to go with the husband…
My husband knows, that anytime I ask for the camera to take pictures it will be for quilting motifs. So here are a few of my favourites:

This blue and red ornament was from the Pergamon museum, it depicted the decoration of some palace in Assur (I might be wrong about that, there was LOTs of information...)
I can just imagine using some pastell colours and making a cute little baby quilt out of this. A dresden plate on a backround circle with pieces borders. Onto the background fabric in the corners those leavelike appliqué shapes. Another pieced border, maybe with some other pattern or a vine appliqué to finish it off.'
 This brown star and cross pattern was from the islamic section of the museum. I love how the crosses and stars form a pattern. That would be cute for english paper piecing


In the evening I asked my hubby, what would be a quilt that HE would like. No need to decorate our house only MY style. His answer: "Make me a quilt with the picture of a 17th century fregate. That would keep you occupied for a while!"

What would be a quilt or a pattern, that would make YOU busy for a while???


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti