maanantai 30. kesäkuuta 2014

Cathedral windows pincushion

Hi all,
I am bad with pincushions. I am a passionate about sewing, I send a consideral amount of time with my sewing maschine, I have several hundreds of pins.... but no pincushion.
Until.... today!
I have eying with the cathedral windows pincushion pattern from the modabakshop (found here) for ages and today it was the time to try it. Since I have embarked on my quest to sew Bonnie Hunter quilt with gazillions of little pieces, I needed an instant gratification project.
So here it is:



I like the way the pincushion came out. However I disagree with the amount of "waste" fabric in the initial pattern, but I anyway cut my fabrics mainly from yardage and two leftover charms (the purple fabric) so I wasted less treasured fabric. Next time I would also sew the button on, before I stuffed the cushion. It was q bit tricky, though not impossible to do it afterwards.

What kind of pincushions do YOU use?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti