lauantai 7. tammikuuta 2017

Sneak preview

Hello all, time for an update on my current work in process. This is a gold-black-beige bargello style table runner. I love bargello quilts, and yet I have never done anything larger than a small block in my sampler quilt. I worked the pattern out with the help of the owner of our local quilt shop. She had a wonderful christmas tablerunner in this pattern. Choosing the right fabric... that was so far the hardest part, followed by deciding on the sequence.
Taking picture of the arrangements to look at it every now and then... does this work?


 The tube all sewn and ironed.


 Cutting the strip sets and opening the tubes.


 Nesting the seams works quite nicely. Sewing and sewing and sewing.



 Aaaaand first half done, time for a sneak preview :-)
I quite like how this is coming along. Maybe I need to add a further unit to the end to make it longer, but I'll decide on it, when I am further. Hopefully I can continue soon.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti